Parkour for Schools and Higher Education
We also offer Parkour for schools and higher education. Parkour is the perfect sport to offer in any educational establishment, either as part of the curriculum or as an extra-curricular activity. You can find out more about the many benefits of offering parkour to your pupil’s by taking a look at our physical, psychological and social benefits of parkour pages!
We have a wide variety of services we can offer to educational organisations and each can be made flexible to fit the needs and goals of your group:
Our Introduction to Parkour course is the perfect class format to offer in any educational establishment.
- The course is designed to offer a parkour experience to complete beginners, and teaches pupils many of the basic movements along with the understanding of the core principles and values that drive parkour community.
- This course has clear outcomes from the start and gives each pupil achievable goals for the end of the course.
- We have condensed the course content for schools into 6/7 weeks so that it fits perfectly within a school half term.
- The course requires minimal gymnastics equipment, which most schools will already have access to (vault boxes, benches and mats)
- At the end of the course, each pupil will receive a wrist band and a certificate acknowledging their completion of the course.
- Pupils that wish to continue with their parkour training will be invited to join our Parkour Academy classes outside of school, and also have the option to pick up on our personal development courses where they left off.
We do offer all of our personal development courses to schools. However, to cover the content in the later courses, we will need access to more specialist parkour equipment which will either need to be purchased by your organisation or hired from Project Z Parkour for the duration of the course.
Tasters and Rewards
Project Z Parkour also offer single classes for schools to give pupils a short taster into what parkour is about and to offer interested pupil’s information on how to get involved with parkour outside of school. These are perfect for schools looking for different and interesting activities to reward pupils with for good behaviour.
Sports Events and School Fairs
We also offer parkour classes and workshops as part of school sporting events or school fairs for those schools looking to offer something a little bit different to mainstream team sports at their next big event.
Project Z Parkour has access to a number of parkour facilities for private hire. Any school that does not have access to suitable equipment to offer parkour classes may still wish to discuss with us, a school trip(s) to a parkour facility in Manchester with fully qualified coaches.
All of our coaches have the relevant coaching qualifications and insurance to run parkour classes and each also holds a full, clean DBS certificate and child safeguarding. These documents are available to view on request.
If you are interested in any of the above services or have an idea you wish to discuss with us,